Friday, September 24, 2010

French impressions - not impressionism!


CLICK ON IMAGE TO READ ARTICLE

Had one of the toughest assignments of my life for Queensland Luxury Style Magazine and Brisbane Style Magazine recently - interviewing a French woman!
That's right, it was the full hard yards. Not only did I think she said 'in a shower sprocket' when she had actually said 'in each other's pocket' thanks to a rich and sensual accent, but she was petite, witty, pretty and I could go on with more rhyming words but you get the drift. Yes, Nolwenn Stephan made this hardened journo feel like the vulnerable untoned untanned unpetite Aussie woman that she is thanks to a genepool I had no choice in. (Sorry Mum, I do like the curly hair you gave me though!)
Femme envy aside, Nolwenn is a formidable emerging artist whose graffiti-inspired style with spray cans amongst her tools of choice, simply rocks.
Local Gold Coasters can catch her debut solo exhibition mid-November and see some awesome modern takes on portrait icons such as Beethoven, Brigitte Bardot and my fave - Linda Carter as Wonder Woman.
I mean, who didn't spin around in the loungeroom wearing their mum's secretarial glasses and pretend to turn into that insanely curvaceous superheroette when they were 7? And the garden hose made a mean golden lasso!
(Ha ha, just had to spell check 'lasso' because I think in the past 19 years of writing I've never had cause to include that word in any of my news articles ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment