Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sisters, a salesman and spooky ghost stories


What are the odds of three sisters breaking their wrists and having their arms in a cast all at the same time?
Well excluding them all being in the backseat of a car driven by their aging grandma who still thinks you should stop in the middle of a roundabout when you see another car approaching, or riding one of those three seater bicycles The Goodies had in the 70s, it's pretty darn slim.
Even weirder when they are way past the age of swinging on the monkey bars and doing handstands on the lawn.
In this week's issue of That' Life, I spoke to one of the sisters who beat those millions to one odds and had it happen to her.
All in their 40s with kids and their own lives unfolding around them, they managed to all break their wrists within days of each other.
And to top off the freak factor, all three women were exactly the same age apart as myself and my two sisters.
Plus, wait, there's more, when I rang her to tell her we would be doing the story, she was at lunch with her two sisters sitting next to her at the time she answered her mobile.
I told her she should march her sisters to the nearest newsagency and all buy lotto tickets! Seriously!!
The only thing I and my two sisters can manage to pull off together is all turning up late for a dinner at Mum's when we are in the same city.
If you've ever had anything freaky happen to you and your siblings all at the same time let me know - you could be my next That's Life topic ...
COMMENTS are welcome on this blog :)

In the same issue there is also a story on a 16 year old who bought his first car for $1 and sold it for $150 when he was just 10 years old - now he's up to his 12th car. Jealous? I admit I am!!

And last but not least, I wrote a Spooky Story about a ghost sighting at a reunion dance where a couple thought their friend walking towards them looked a little pale and wasn't feeling too well - then the next day they heard he'd been dead for six weeks. NO WAY? YES WAY!!!!!!!!!
A new issue is out tomoz so you'll probably hear from me again real soon.
BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment